Bid Management is the art of creating and winning proposals. The primary responsibility of the Bid Manager is to manage bids from the time that a sales opportunity is qualified into the time that it is won and handed over to the delivery team that will fulfill the project or contract with the client. The Bid Process spans this entire spectrum of activity and responsibility, ensuring effective and efficient development of a compelling value proposition to the client that greatly increases the chance of winning business, allow our Client to deliver client’s needs and expectations, and add a profit to the company its partners.
In the position of Bid Manager you manage the bid process from the time of sales qualification up to the time that bid is handed to the delivery team for fulfillment. It is important that the effective and efficient development is ensured of a compelling value proposition that will meet the client’s needs and expectations. You are expected to apply sound project management principles and expertise to the management of bids including the management of resources, timeframes and quality. The overall strategy is followed for the Bid Team including pre-Sales activities in co-operation with cross-discipline and colleagues for qualification meetings, presentations and proposal presentations. In this respect you keep an auditable trail of all bid artefacts and records on recognized company systems and ensure that each bid is subject to the requisite team and management reviews prior to client submission, complying with the corporate governance.
The company's risk exposure is ensured on all bids and as such is understood, documented, communicated to all stakeholders and appropriately addressed. In other words; you compose the winning bid! The Bid Manager contributes to continuous learning by evaluating the released offers and present lessons learned.
You understand our Client's business model and key functions and offerings, as well as local operating, commercial and general business environment and conditions. Being an expert you built strong relationships with key stakeholders. You maintain these relationships with your excellent verbal and written communication skills. In your role you show a high level of client orientation and professionalism in dealing with clients, third-party advisory and partners.
● Experienced in Bid Management;
● Experience in the development and execution of bid plans and strategy;
● Ability to translate client's requirements into a compelling response that is not just me-too;
● Pro-active / Assertive in approach, with confidence in area of expertise;
● Bachelor degree or equivalent. APMP or PMP certification is a plus.
● Communication skills, fluency of Dutch and English – good written and spoken language skills is a must;
● Experienced in Bid and Proposal Management, preferably in IT or similar environment;
● Cross functional experience, organizational agility;
● Team leader and team player;
● Project management skills, ability to deliver quality results under pressure and to deadlines, must be results oriented with a drive for excellence;
● Analytical -, organization - and time management skills.
Our Client is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. They are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. They do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status or other protected category.